Thursday, May 20, 2010

Under Construction

First Baptist Church Malakoff is an incredible church in which to serve. The people here are hungry for God's Word, obedient to the call, active in service, and follow the leadership team God has given them. One of these leaders is our Children's minister, Allison. One member who was caught the vision is Jim, who heads up our bus ministry. The bus ministry began through our block party emphasis and has resulted in incredible numerical growth in our children's department. This is a photo of land being cleared to make room for our new building for children's ministry. Unfortunately, there was a large oak tree and other obstacles in the center of our plans. We had no choice but to remove them so that we could make room for our new building.


In Jeremiah 29:11, God says, "For I know the plans that I have for you, plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Just as our church had plans for the use of the land adjacent to our sanctuary, God has a plan for my life. And just as the field has trees, brush, and rocks that must be removed to be used for the purpose we have for it, my life has areas that must be cleared to be used by God for his purposes to be accomplished.

O God, remove all things that stand in the way of having your plan accomplished in my life! Strip away the vines that I have allowed to grow and uproot the biggest oak trees first! I know that this will look ugly and be painful at first, but I desire to be used by You to the fullest measure! You are the Master Designer and Architect of my life. From heaven's view, I can see that I am a field of potential for your service. I am field and only a field, Lord. So rake me, and remove all of the high places of pride. Have Your way in me, Sovereign Lord!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Eric, Wow! this looks great! I am so excited to be a part of this church. I can't wait for our kids to have a place to spread out and learn about our savior! Have a good wk-end with your family! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete