Sunday, May 2, 2010

God is omnipresent, part 2

While Kim was at a wedding shower, I chose to sacrifice my Sunday afternoon siesta. Instead I took my sons to the city park. Evan skated at the new skate park and Ethan I went on a nature hike through a wooded meadow. These are great opportunities to let God speak through His creation.

Did you know that God is into minimalist creation. Here is a photo I took with my Motorola Droid. It is a cluster of wild onion flowers. We were about to step on these tiny masterpiece, but instead opted to stoop down for a better look. Isn't it amazing that I was about to overlook such a masterpiece. Look at the incredible detail God went to in designing these beautiful weeds.



Then I saw some huff puffs. Oh, you know what huff puffs are don't you? That's the term my mother used for dandelion seeds. The symmetry is just fantastic. Why Walt Disney ingenious creativity could not have devised this thing!


I told Ethan to huff and puff and when he did, myriad seeds to flight. I told Ethan that God gave these seeds a natural parachute so that the seeds can spread all over the neighbor's yards. SSSHHHHH! Don't tell them we did this. And don't tell me that God doesn't care about details in nature.

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative! Thanks for showing Ethan some of God's amazing handiwork!

    ReplyDelete